Boiler upgrade scheme
BUS Launch Key Dates
The dates and key information are as follows:
• 1st April 2022 – Commissioning date – Eligible low carbon heating systems that are commissioned on or after this date will be entitled to support under the scheme.
• 11th April 2022– Account Creation Opens - This enables installers to open an account for the scheme. At this stage businesses will be verified upfront and once an account is set up they will not need to go through this process again. This will make applying for vouchers a smoother process.
• 23rd May 2022 – Voucher Applications Open – Installers will be able to apply for vouchers for grants from this date. They will also be able to redeem them and receive payment once they provide evidence of commissioning.
Key messages from Ofgem
• Please encourage your members to open their accounts early – they’re able to do this from 11 April 2022.
• Installers will not be able to make a voucher application until:
• On or after 23 May 2022
• they have set up an account with Ofgem
• For installations commissioned 1 April – 23 May we will seek ways to streamline the voucher application
and redemption to ensure payments can be made promptly
• We want to work closely with users to ensure processes are easy to use and will provide guidance and run
• We will also continue to test processes with users
• We expect to release further digital system at the end of July 2022